VA Mortgage Documents Checklist
In addition to your DD214 or Statement of Service and your Certificate of Eligibility, your lender will require several personal documents in order to process and underwrite your VA Mortgage .
Every Veteran borrower is unique and may require additional documentation specific to their situations. The best thing to do is to fill out the Pre-Qualification Form by clicking on “Apply Now”, and a VA Specialist will contact you to pre-qualify you. They will be able to provide you with a documents checklist specific to you and your individual profile.
Typically these include the following personal documents for all borrowers:
- W-2 Statements for the past two years from all employers
- Most recent pay stubs or at least covering one full month
- Most recent bank and asset statements covering two full months (All Pages)
- Copy of your drivers license or military ID and social security card
- Copy of Tax Returns for the last two years
- 1099’s for retirement income and a recent retirement statement (All Pages)
- Social Security Awards Letter or current statement
- Child support orders and/or divorce decree to document child support or alimony received
- All schedules and discharge paperwork for any bankruptcies filed in the past 7 years